Employment Type: Perm - Full Time
We are currently recruiting for Junior Waiters within the restaurant department on board our renowned luxury brand cruise ships. Responsible for a dedicated area of the restaurant department you will part of all service periods and ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
Are you a thoughtful team player who does what you say you will do? Are you someone who can be relied on by your colleagues? Do you use you initiative each day to ensure that you go over and above your daily tasks? Are you charismatic and a strong communicator who can deal with our international guests?
The key responsibilities for our Cunard junior waiters include:
- Keep the restaurant and buffet tables clean and maintain the overall look of the restaurant to the high expected standards.
- Clear tables after service and ensure they are clean in time for the next guests’ service.
- Ensure all cutlery, cups and glasses are restocked and there is enough available throughout the service, informing the Head Waiter of any items or fixtures that need renewal.
- Take dirty dishes and trays to the galley, keeping the restaurant clear of debris.
- Take passenger room service food orders over the phone.
- Deliver and collect room service orders to and from guest cabins, in a timely manner.
- Engage with the passengers in a friendly and polite manner, responding to requests appropriately.
- Keep service areas clean and tidy at all times and follow restaurant cleaning schedules.
- Additional responsibilities will also involve assisting with the meet and greet of the passengers on embarkation / disembarkation days.
If this sounds like you, and you have the following experience, then we would love to hear from you:
- working in a 4/5 Star Restaurant or Hotel.
- experience of delivering exceptional customer service
- ability to communicate effectively and fluently in English
- Please note that no STCWs are required for this course