Japanese Speaking Waiter
Employment Type : Perm - Full Time
Department : F&B Services
Are you a thoughtful team player who does what you say you will do? Are you someone who can be relied on by your colleagues? Do you use your initiative each day to ensure that you go over and above your daily tasks? Are you charismatic and a strong communicator who can deal with our international guests? We are currently recruiting for Japanese speaking waiters within the restaurant department on board our renowned Cunard cruise ships. Responsible for a dedicated area of the restaurant department, you will part of all service periods and ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
The key responsibilities for our waiters include:
- Hand out menus, take orders correctly and deliver food and drinks quickly and accurately to the table.
- Respond to passenger questions, particularly in relation to the menu or wine, where applicable, advising alternative dishes that may suit or help inform choices.
- Strive to meet the passenger’s needs and ensure the correct condiments for the meal are offered, refill drinks in a timely manner and ensure the service runs smoothly.
- Process passenger billing correctly for the charge of drinks and cover charges, where applicable, using the point of sale.
- Set up and clear down tables, before during and after service. Check the appearance and condition of tables and all items including linen, crockery and silverware is of the required standard and set out correctly. Inform the Head Waiter of any fixtures or fittings that need repair / renewal.
- Carry out flambé / gueridon cooking demonstrations at the tables, when required and perform duties as requested at outside catering / special events.
- Prepare own area ready for service and keep it clean and tidy at all times. Use and maintain all equipment correctly, following standard operating procedures and report any repairs required promptly. Carry out all work safely, efficiently and in accordance with all current safety and company regulations, including the Public Health Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with the meet and greet of the passengers and baggage services on embarkation / disembarkation days.
If this sounds like you, and you have the following experience, then we would love to hear from you:
- Experience of working onboard a cruise ship, or be a Head Waiter in Restaurant
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in English & Japanese is essential