- To provide guests with courteous and professional service.
- To increase revenue for the company and self by applying up-selling techniques.
- To meet sales targets as prescribed by the company.
- Maintains clean and orderly lounges / bars and follows the Island Cruises Lounge Responsibilities Guide.
- Greeting guests when they enter the lounge.
- Knows his/her bar menu well and is able to explain and suggest drinks.
- Knows the daily cocktail specials/ingredients and all special promotions that occur.
- Is self-motivated to sell and recommend drinks in order to meet and exceed the sales targets set by the company.
- Be able to fully understand and operate the Info Genesis/POS system onboard, in order to create checks and reports necessary.
- Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
- Verifies that drinks are served in the proper glass with the proper garnish.
- Adheres to the vessel’s drinking age policy.
- Helps in bringing the stock up to various bars, when necessary.
- Helps in the stores during the loading.
- Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors (i.e. Luggage Handling, Escorting Guests on embarkation day & Pier Duties)
- Works at special parties (Repeaters etc), Officers Presentation and private functions.
- General cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
- Handles all ship equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
- Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
- Personal hygiene and appearance - Uniforms must be clean and ironed at all times - You must always wear your nametag and Palm pin. - Showers at least twice a day - Hair must be neat, well groomed and above the collar for all male personnel. Beards and moustaches are not permitted in the Bar. Sideburns should not be lower than the ear lobe - For female personnel hair must be kept neatly away from the face. Ladies who need to tie their hair back should wear a dark colored scrunch - Makeup should be tasteful and no visible tattoos. (i.e. hand, arm, neck and leg) - No earrings are allowed for male employees and personal jewelry should be kept to a Minimum. Ladies may wear tasteful and small earrings, and one ring maximum per hand - All shoes are to be enclosed at the toe and heel. Ladies heels are to be no higher than 1 inch
- Always projects a favorable image of the cruise line.
- Must be familiar with the ship’s rules and regulations and participates in all required Safety Training and Emergency Life Boat Drills.
- Participates in the In Port Manning Schedule assigned by the Bar Manager
- Complies with cruise line safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures. Education / Training
- Minimum of 1year beverage related service experience.
- Fluent English