GPA Bar (General Purpose Attendant)
To assist in all areas such as Bars, Lounges, Deck, Requisitioning, bar and event preparation, deck and towel service, cleaning, serving if required.
NOTE: This job position is open only for Thai Nationality at this time.
- The GPAs are responsible to assist the Bar Staff and Management in all concerns of the beverage operation.
- Responsible for deck service including cleaning and clearing the decks and bars, towel service, storing and requisitioning, assisting in preparation of bar and party set up, decoration and support the team in beverage service.
- Respond to changes in the Beverage Department as dictated by the vessel and the Company
- Carry out any reasonable assignment as may be assigned by the Bartender and Beverage Management
- Maintain a good working relationship with own colleagues and all other departments as well as superiors and Head Office
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the vessel policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Have complete understanding of the Vessels Rules and Regulation and adhere to the regulations contained therein
- Attend any training sessions set by the ship’s Management
- Report any maintenance or technical difficulty immediately to the Bartender or Beverage Management
- Report for duty five minutes prior to scheduled time to ensure proper lounge set-up is done, wearing the correct uniform and nametags at all times.
- Be aware of any special cocktails, daily cocktails and special events
- Ensure a courteous and professional service at all times
- Be on station, ensure that lounges, deck and bar are clean and call for help if needed
- Assist in serving hot appetizers in the bars and lounges, as well as all other areas if required
- Service of iced-tea and lemonade on deck. Also provide coffee and non-revenue beverage service to guests on deck
- Attend on the job training at all times, when time allows
- Socialize with clients when time allows
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Report for duty on time
- Clean, set up, rearrange and maintain deck set-up including towels and furniture
- Basic product knowledge of all beverage offerings and basic knowledge of Mixology
- Collect and dispose of garbage on deck. Follow garbage-handling procedures
- Assist in transporting and storage of provisions from the stores to the bars (Responsible to Provision Master and team)
- Participate in all Company training
- Excellent personal hygiene and appearance
- Assume responsibility beyond individual roles
- Deliver professional presentation every day for every guest
- Follow sanitation guidelines (USPH) and proper use and sanitation of Equipment
- Follow dress code
- Assist Beverage attendants in beverage service on the outside decks, bars, lounges and restaurants when required
- Practice up-selling techniques when applicable
- Assist in clearing plates on deck and keep the deck clean at all times
- Sign in/out with the Bartender when reporting on/off duty
- Inform the Bartender when leaving your station at all times
- Support colleagues and supervisors to achieve a better product
- Accountable for Cost of Sales, inventory and POS transactions
- Work as a team and be attentive to detail
- Cooperate in the safety and accident-prevention programs, including drills
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Basic knowledge of spirits and liquors an advantage.
- Any Knowledge of new and old world wines an advantage.
- Any knowledge of Cigar and Cigar Service an advantage.
- Physically fit and able to lift more than 20kg.
- Ability to read, interpret the preparation of drink recipes.
- Ability to report passengers complains, follows up and meet/exceed guest expectations.
- Basic knowledge of beverage handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
- Cost awareness.
- Waiting experience an advantage.
- Willing to attend training lessons as well as to learn a bar menu within short time given.
- Excellent appearance, self-starter.
- Willing to work on deck, deliver stores, preparing bars and to assist Bartenders and BLD’s whenever required.
- Guest satisfaction focused.
- Team player
- Open communication style with all levels of employees.
- Willing to work on weekends, holidays, and seven days a week and as business requires.