LINE MANAGER: 2ND , 1ST AND STAFF ENGINEER
The Third Engineer is in charge of engine watch-keeping supports. He/she is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of technical equipment inside the engine room.
• Ensures presence on board whenever the Second Engineer is absent;
• Relieves the Second Engineer Officer in the case of emergency;
• Is responsible toward the Staff Engineer for the maintenance and condition of the Air Compressors, Purifiers or other machinery assigned;
• Assigns maintenance and repair duties to his dependent personnel and actively supervises in any overhaul and repair work;
• Inspects all assigned work in progress ensuring that it is executed properly in accordance with acceptable standards and that no wastage of materials occurs;
• Controls the proper disposals of all refuse, rags etc. to avoid fire and other hazards;
• Trains personnel assigned to his engine watch;
• Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
• Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap III/1;
• Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Fire fighting experience and Swimming & Rowing competence;
• Satisfy the requirements of STCW 95 regarding certification for this position;
• Meet the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
• Extensive successful experience in a similar position within Cargo or other Cruise company;
• Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
•Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment;
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• USA VISA if in possess