LINE MANAGER: EXECUTIVE CHEF
In line with Company guidelines, the Sous Chef ensures high standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control.
• Supervises all food preparation and presentation as instructed by the Executive Chef;
• Ensures compliance with all USPHS protocols for food handlers and HACCP regulations;
• Ensures all activities and dishes are prepared in precise accordance with recipes, pictures and manuals;
• Is responsible for the preparation of the all special dietary requirements;
• Provides continuous training and leadership and instructs of how to keep the working areas clean and sanitary;
• Participates to meetings as required: sanitation briefings, food production meetings, etc;
• Prepares necessary reports and provides feedback for improvements to the Executive Chef.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage;
• Graduated from a hotel school;
• Certified in Food Safety (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
• Sound knowledge of MSC Sanitation and HACCP standards;
• At least 2 years’ experience as Sous Chef or at least 3 years’ experience as 1st Cook Chef de Partie in the cruise line or an international 5-star Hotel or similar major resort;
• Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team;
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.