- To be the designated representative of the Company Security Officer and to be the Ship’s Security Officer (SSO) and day duty officer.
- To be in charge of the port and gangway security procedures according to the Ship’s Safety Plan and to be responsible for the supervision of the company’s Visitor Policy.
- To be the Ship’s Safety Officer and to take full responsibility for safety and training as detailed in the Training Manual.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Employment typeOcean: Mutual Notice
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
- Reimbursement of industry required training
- Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
- Free travel to and from the ship
- Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Certificated Watch-keeping Deck Officer.
- Master's Certificate meeting STCW '95 standard, section A-II/2 with equivalent Bahamian endorsement preferred.
- Must hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates that is required for the position as per Training Manual.
- Must have undergone all mandatory and company required training as per Training Manual Appendix 1.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English (needs to score at least 90% in the onboard English proficiency test).