- Ensure that all machinery under their control is operated safely, efficiently and economically and in accordance with CCI regulations and policies.
- Responsible for the Electrical components of the following Equipment: Elevators, Tender boats, Evaporators, Portable water system, Purifiers, Lifting and transporting Equipment, Shell and WT doors, Cathodic and Antifouling Equipment, Emergency Generator, UPS, Garbage and food waste equipment, Engine Cooling pumps, Starting and Control air Compressors, Stabilizers, Bilge system, Tank sounding system, Swimming pool and Jacuzzi’s.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
- Reimbursement of industry required training
- Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
- Free travel to and from the ship
- Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Electrical Trainee or in an equivalent position shoreside which encompasses similar responsibilities.
- Must hold a Diploma from a recognized and approved Maritime/Technical College or an Advanced Certificate from Maritime/Technical Vocational School or institution, in Marine Electrical Automation Engineering or Electrical Power Engineering or equivalent.
- Must hold a Certificate of Competency as Marine Electro Automation Officer, Marine Electrical Engineer, Ship’s Electrician or equivalent.
- Preferable additional qualification in Marine High Voltage Engineering, and proven track record of related work.
- Must hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.