Chef Pastry - 6 star Mega Yacht
- Assume full responsibility for all aspects of the daily Pastry operation for the entire Galley Department as well as controlling of all costs.
- Take active part in the actual food preparation and to ensure that desserts and pastries are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Manage the Pastry Staff and to ensure that Pastry equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as, but not limited to gangway duties, storing, luggage duty etc.
- Ensure that a six star service is provided at all times and to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
Employment typeYacht: Mutual Notice
Rotation: 4 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
• Reimbursement of STCW after successful completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform
• Single Cabin, shared bathroom
• WIFI- Free access
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Culinary Institute Diploma or apprenticeship as Patissier required.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a luxury food operation as Assistant Pastry Chef or three (3) years experience onboard a luxury cruise ship in the respective area preferred.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Very strong, balanced background in International Cuisine and Cooking Techniques.
- Highly motivated with a strong drive and high level of energy and flexibility.
- Very good spoken English.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.