Executive Chef - 6 star Mega Yacht
- Full responsibility for all aspects of food preparation and food areas and to oversee the entire daily Galley Department operations as well as controlling of all costs.
- Ensure that all products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Manage all of the Galley Department Staff and to ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Establish regular work schedules, section plans and rotations for Galley Staff.
- Order Subsistence, food, Bonded, equipment and other items as necessary for the hotel department according to storing plan posted in MXP, freight schedule, maximum and minimum inventory levels and Company policy.
- Maintain accurate inventory in assigned areas.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleaning procedures are adhered to and that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all store rooms in assigned areas.
- Ensure that a six star service is provided at all times and to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as, but not limited to gangway duties, storing, luggage duty etc.
Employment type: Yacht - Mutual Notice
Rotation: 4 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
• Reimbursement of STCW after successful completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform
• Single cabin
• WIFI- Free access
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
- Culinary Institute Diploma/Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of International experience as Executive Chef required.
- Must have experience in a large luxury food operation - luxury cruise ship experience preferred.
- Must have a very strong, balanced background in the culinary field and a sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Understands all aspects of the kitchen including bakery, pastry, butchery and fish preparation area, hot and cold kitchen, as well as the managerial aspects of these operations.
- Must have a good understanding of balanced tastes, and should know how to create a Menu with a variety of high quality foods for a large volume operation.
- Highly motivated with a strong drive and high level of energy and flexibility.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Needs to have an outgoing personality.