LINE MANAGER: PHOTO MANAGER
Following all relevant company policies and procedures, the Photo Host/Hostess promotes photo products in order to supports and increase sales of the Photo Department. She/he provides a superior customer service by creating a courteous and effective business rapport with guests.
• Welcomes customers by greeting them, offering them assistance and directing them to the photo racks;
• Advises customers by providing information on active offers and promotions;
• Processes payments through the RPOS system;
• Keeps the Manager constantly informed on the sales trends tracked at the counter, to adjust the marketing and sales techniques accordingly in sight of revenue optimization;
• Takes care of the Photo Gallery, ensuring a proper setup according to the Company’s standards of tidiness, cleanliness, and merchandising;
• Organizes and controls lockers;
• Assists the Photo team in setting up the studios in the various onboard locations;
• Helps the team in loading the merchandise and performing inventory counts when required;
• Ensures that excellent customer service is delivered by the team through continuous training;
• Organizes quality meetings with the Photo Managers aimed at improving sales processes;
• Ensures revenue improvement.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Excellent English with a fluent level in at least 3 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any other other language is considered a plus;
• High School Diploma (Professional certificates preferred but not essential);
• 2 years minimum experience as a professional seller (previous experience on cruiselines is a plus);
• Basic photographic knowledge (Photoshop and other professional photo editing softwares) is a plus;
• Ability to work and deliver under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong orientation to revenue and target-oriented approach;
• Ability to work in a team, unsupervised or with little supervision;
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Flexibility and proactivity.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Visa/Working permits may be required depending on ship itineraries.