GERMAN SPEAKING WAITER
LINE MANAGER: HEAD WAITER
While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests, presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
• Supervises their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
• Greets, presents menus and takes orders from guests;
• Presents the wine and beverage list and helps guests make their selection;
• Serves the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
• Ensures that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
• Reports immediately any problems and guests’ complains to their direct supervisor;
• Supervises the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement and coaching.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, oral and written, plus good verbal communication skills in German;
• High School certificate is advantage;
• Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotel or resort is an advantage;
• Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
• Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.