- Stands engine watch as instructed by the Staff Chief Engineer and Engineer of the Watch.
- Maintain an efficient and alert watch in engine room during assigned period.
- During watch duty, continuously supervise Machinery Spaces and promptly report malfunctioning and abnormal conditions to Engineer of the Watch.
- Dedicate particular attention to bilge condition, upon request of Engineer of the Watch execute cleaning and maintenance under supervision.
- Ensure that during the watch duty, all Engineering Spaces have been duly inspected and abnormal situations promptly reported.
- Do not voluntarily operate any machine without previous authorization and supervision of Engineer of the Watch.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the machinery and equipment for which he has been allocated responsibility.
- Understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the company's policies and management system.
- Assist with survey work as directed by Staff Chief Engineer, other Engineers or Chief Repairman.
- Keeping the Senior Engineer fully informed of the progress of any work which he has undertaken, and any defects of problem in his allocated area of responsibility.
- Keeping cleanliness and tidiness in his allocated area.
- The Motorman qualifications shall conform to all International and National conventions and regulations as required by the Flag State, and by the STCW 95.
- Experience on vessels in equivalent position.
- Knowledge of the Company SMS.
- Skills including but not limited to team work and engine room experience
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
- To be able to meet all pre joining requirements.