Asian Cuisine Sous Chef
The Asian Sous Chef’s primary responsibilities are to ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to his/her team and then executed flawlessly. He/she achieves the objectives through communication, organization, and training. The Asian Sous Chef’s enables his/her team by ensuring equipment and sanitation standards are always met, supplies and inventories are readily available, expectations are communicated, recipes are current, and training is on-going.
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Recognizes team members for successful achievements and contributions
• Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement
• Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mise-en-place
• Maintains USPH/FDA standards
• Responsible for accuracy in daily inventories and requisitions
• Keeps Executive Chef, Chef’s Personal Assistant, and Executive Sous Chef apprised of challenges productions and team members
• Strives to continuously improve flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Executive Sous Chef
• Continuously monitors food and labor cost in accordance with CBH
• Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of one year of experience working in all Asian techniques is required.
• Strong knowledge of Asian cooking philosophies and principles including but not limited to Chinese, Thai preparation is required.
• Comprehension of Asian starch compositions and applications is required.
• Ability to explain Asian cooking techniques
• Minimum of one year of experience in Asian cooking in a high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques is required.
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Minimum of one year experience in a high production volume restaurant/hotel is required.
• Minimum of three years of general culinary experience is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) are required.
• Intermediate to Advanced experience and ability to convert recipes from metric to U.S. and vice versa for both volume and weight is required.
• High school Diploma or Foreign Equivalent is required
• Associates degree, Technical degree or foreign equivalent from a Culinary School is preferred.
• Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice
• Ability to provide leadership, motivation and training
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week