The Photographer is responsible for photographing daily events, including, but not limited to embarkation, gangways, dining rooms, portraits and any other event that may require a photographer to be present to document the event(s). Photographers will also work on gangways or in other areas “in character” as a photographic mascot. In the Photo Gallery, duties will include delivering excellent customer service whilst handling sales of photo and retail items, and dealing with guest requests and minor complaints. Subject to skills and ability, work may also be required in the Perspectives Photo Studio, onboard certain vessels.
- Photograph all requested events onboard and ashore as required, always being proactive to maximize image counts and image quality in order to meet established performance goals
- Wear mascot costumes inside/outside the ship for photo shoots, engaging guests with lively energy and enthusiasm at all times
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times by presenting a friendly, warm and calm attitude towards guests and crew at all times
- Follow trained departmental and shipboard environmental rules and regulations, including use of Personal Protective Equipment, when working (or assisting other team members) in the Photo Lab
- Have available at least 1 x department approved camera body, maintained in full working condition at the owner’s expense.
- Able to use and familiar with a range of photographic equipment, including but not limited to digital SLR cameras, portrait studio equipment, computers and image editing software
- Cover all photo events as deemed necessary by the Photo Manager
- Proactively assist guests in locating their displayed photos and/or assist them in using digital photo kiosks
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of six months experience as a photographer is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic knowledge and experience to operate basic computer systems and touch-screen kiosks is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is preferred. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational preference at an equivalent rate.
- Consistently communicates with tact and diplomacy at all levels
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates