Fleet Chief Pastry
The Fleet Chief Pastry Chef assists with the culinary operation in creating and maintaining a professional Pastry operation onboard. This will will assist in overall culinary operation and development of all shipboard Food and Beverage team members, ensuring service standards are met, adherence to corporate policies and procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct and evaluate Galley and Restaurant Platinum standards in all Food & Beverage Operations that are critical to the outlets success are being met
- Preparation and implementation of menu plans for all itineraries and special functions including holidays and inaugural activities.
- Develops menus and recipes for the purposes of maximizing passenger satisfaction while maintaining food cost budgets.
- Liaises with provision master regarding availability, specifications, standard item lists and delivery logistics
- Conducts sampling and testing of currently used and new recipe.
- Keeps abreast of food trends and new products including state-of-the art equipment and technology.
- Liaises with and assists the Sanitation supervisor in developing and implementing effective USPH training programs for the pastry galley, manuals and procedures for all food production personnel.
- Ensure that the Pastry area is maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH, SMS and safety and environmental regulations.
- Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product to the Fleet Executive Chef RVP.
- Assist with reviewing all food and beverage related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and SMS. Conduct daily USPH inspections of all F&B areas with the F&B management team when needed.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Pastry Chef in a large size cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in pastry, pastry production, baking and demonstration skills are required.
- Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros) is required.
Advanced level of knowledge and experience in the following practices and disciplines are required:
- Modern contemporary plated desserts
- Classic American and European desserts
- Asian , Middle Eastern and Indian desserts
- Artistic knowledge of work with chocolate, sugar, pastillage and marzipan
- Petit Four and mignardise
- Tea, coffee, cakes, wedding cakes and pastries
Advanced level of knowledge and experience with busy banquet operations and presentations; modern buffet operations to include set-up and action stations; and implementing new food concepts and menus are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pastry (or a related discipline) or foreign equivalency and/or 5 years’ experience as a chief baker is required. Relevant experience may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Certificate of completion from a recognized educational culinary institution is required.
- Advanced Certification in Sanitation and Public Health is required.