Shore Ex Staff
The Shore Excursion Staff is responsible for selling various & multiple excursions to guests; coordinating tour dispatches and assisting in various clerical and administrative duties when required.
- Staff is to ask open ended questions regarding the guests tour expectations, recommend tour options, upsell when possible and close all tour sales sold by Norwegian.
- Promotes all excursions included in the itinerary, answer guests question concerning local port highlights & general port information.
- Resolves issues related to an excursion by utilizing all tools provided in the Shore Excursion Guest Service Standards Policy.
- Assists with tour ticket delivery & voyage preparation.
- Assists with end of voyage and end of month inventories.
- Escorts and evaluate tours as needed.
- Promotes, sells & guides the Behind the Scenes Tours.
- Regular duties also include: cross training employee candidates and the training new employees. Managing and conducting tour dispatches from a ship lounge or from the pier.
- Assist with other onboard activities such as but not limited to Pier Welcome Back, and Guest Engagement as required by onboard management.
- Familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Shore Excursion Manager.
- Must be able to provide effective Shore Excursion briefings and conduct Q & A sessions with guests and colleagues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year of experience in guest services or sales is required; a combination of the two is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
Intermediate to advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Fidelio, AS400, Mac OS) is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of a wide range of itineraries, ports and tours is required.
- Basic ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, Italian, German, or French is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of numbering flow “debits/credits”, adjusting entries and corrections is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
- Passionate about sales.
- Hospitality and customer service driven.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates