The Photo Manager reports onboard directly to the Hotel Director and to shore-side Photo Operations Management, this role requires that the candidate oversee the entire photo operation. This includes but is not limited to: guest service, image production, achieving budgeted revenue goals, business planning and analysis, photo laboratory & photo gallery operations, accounting, scheduling, reporting, staff training and development, succession planning, liaising with onboard and shore-side teams, complete environmental compliance, inventory control, marketing and promoting all areas of the photo operation and driving the business forward in accordance with the company’s goals.
- Create an effective, efficient, staff duty schedule that is fair, balanced and provides the infrastructure to exceed budgeted goals for revenue and guest satisfaction
- Ensure image quality is maximized for all events through regular photographer feedback, training and coaching
- Ensure customer service is always of the highest level, through monitoring, training, coaching and developing the team, and leading by example.
- Take a pro-active role in staff development and training, being able to deliver effective training sessions, and provide regular coaching for all team members to continuously drive revenue and guest satisfaction scores beyond budgeted goals and strengthen the operation
- Complete all reports required by onboard and shore-side management Complete all onboard paperwork and reports for immigration, offloads, storing, inventory, expenses, end-of-voyage, and financial reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain familiarity with the Safety and Environmental Management System and all applicable shipboard and department Standard Operating Procedures, and ensure the adherence of all Photo Department operations to these standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed by the immediate supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum one year experience as a photographer is required.
- Minimum one year experience in managing a multi-faceted high volume photographic sales operation is required.
- Minimum one year experience as a shipboard photographer is required.
- Minimum one year experience as an Assistant Photo Manager or other relevant experience is preferred.
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written skills in standard American English.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom; and MXP are required.
- Basic knowledge and experience to operate other advanced computer systems, touch-screen kiosks and perform basic computer troubleshooting procedures is preferred.