Assistant Photo Manager
The Assistant Photo Manager reports directly to the Photo Manager, the Assistant Photo Manager is the supporting role to the Photo Manager trained in all aspects relating to the Photo Manager. The primary function of the Assistant Photo Manager covers the following:
Responsible for the day to day running of the department sales operations (in the Photo Gallery and any other associated sales areas). The Assistant Photo Manager also assists the Photo Manager in all areas of team development and training, developing and introducing new products and initiatives, ensuring consistent delivery of all Photo Department products and services (as per Standard Operating Procedures and known best practices) and driving revenue and guest satisfaction in all department areas to achieve budgeted goals, with some involvement in day to day administration.
- Ensure image quality is maximized through feedback on Photographer performance and final print quality to Photo Manager and Lab Technician on a daily basis
- Ensure all photographs are displayed / sorted in photo binder system in a timely manner, and ensure the photo display panels / binders are kept neat, organized and presentable at all times, as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain sufficient retail and consumable supply inventories in the Photo Gallery at all times, accurately report inventory levels on a per cruise basis, complete Inventory paperwork for submission to corporate office, and handle all required inventory movements onboard (using MXP)
- Prepare all Freestyle Daily advertising and other required promotional material in coordination with the Product of the Day schedule and the overall sales and promotion strategy agreed with the Photo Manager
- Process all outsourced retail orders in a timely manner, and follow up on any guest requests/customer service issues referred from shore-side
- Promote the Photo Department through onboard functions (VIP party, Latitudes party, Photo events etc.) and by way of positive guest interactions whenever in public areas
- Construct positive working relationships with other department heads onboard, and liaise with them to assist with guest service requests, internal activities and cross-promotions and photo coverage/opportunities
- Maintain familiarity with the Safety and Environmental Management System and all applicable shipboard and department Standard Operating Procedures, and ensure the adherence of all Photo Department operations to these standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed by the immediate supervisor. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum one year experience as a photographer is required.
- Minimum one year experience as a shipboard photographer is preferred.
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written skills in standard American English.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom; and MXP are required.
- Basic knowledge and experience to operate other advanced computer systems, touch-screen kiosks and perform basic computer troubleshooting procedures is preferred.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, professional certification or foreign equivalent from a recognized educational institution is strongly preferred.