LINE MANAGER: HOTEL DIRECTOR
The Deputy Purser is also known as the Assistant Hotel Director. The main purpose of this position is to act on behalf of the Hotel Director whenever they are not available. The Deputy Purser is also responsible for supervising the Ship’s Hotel operations, complying with MSC Standard Procedures and protocols.
• Acts on behalf of the Hotel Director to ensure effective, profitable and compliant operation of Hotel Department when necessary;
• Supervises the Ship’s Hotel Operation, complying with MSC Standard Procedures and protocols, as well as the activities and training of his/her subordinates, directly reporting to the Hotel Director;
• Monitors on behalf of the Hotel Director the operations and quality of service given within the Hotel Department and Revenue Centres;
• Analyse the comment forms scores and actively provides support in solving any issue;•Supervises all events and attends Guests cocktail parties.
• Fluent English; 3 European Languages at minimum B2 level; German knowledge considered an advantage;
• High School graduation;
• At least 5 years’ managerial experience on board Cruises ships (of which at least 3 during the last 5 years);
• Food Safety certificate;
• Fully computer literate;
• Demonstrated skills in Customer Service, Food & Beverage and Housekeeping management procedures and systems;
• Wide knowledge of competitive products in the Cruise Industry;
• Ability to work in a high performing team.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)