Senior Chef de Partie Baker
- Take active part in the actual food preparation and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Responsible for the daily Bakery operation.
- Ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards and to follow the set standards for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Buffets, as well for the Crew.
- Train, coach, council, support and delegate all of the Bakery Staff.
- Conduct Performance Appraisals for the Bakery Staff in conjunction with the Chief Baker in accordance with the current Shipboard Policy.
- Monitor and control the inventory of the Bakery.
- Oversee the daily Bakery operation, safe food handling of Bakery personnel in conjunction with the Sanitation Officer and maintenance of all Bakery Equipment.
- Manage and ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Ensure that six star service is provided at all times and to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
Employment type: Ocean - Fixed Contract
Medical Insurance: Medical covered only onboard
• Reimbursement of STCW after successfully completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Two (2) persons in one cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
- Culinary Institute Diploma/Baker Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Minimum of three (3) years proven experience in a luxury international hotel property food operation as Chef de Partie or three (3) years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a similar position preferred.
- Must have experience in a large luxury food operation- luxury cruise ship experience preferred.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.