Sous Chef - 6 star Mega Yacht
Employment type: Yacht - Mutual Notice
Rotation: 4 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
- Responsibility for the entire Galley operation including food preparation throughout the ship.
- Take active part in the actual food preparation and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Manage the Galley Staff and to ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as stores loading.
- Ensure that a six star service is provided at all times and to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
• Reimbursement of STCW after successful completed
• Reimbursement C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform
• Up to four (4) in one cabin, shared bathroom
• WIFI- Free access
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Preferably trained within own company or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a luxury international hotel property as Sous Chef or other related experience required.
- Or must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a Sous Chef position in the luxury cruise ship industry.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Strong, balanced background in International Cuisine and Cooking Techniques.
- Highly motivated with a strong drive and high level of energy and flexibility.
- Very good spoken English.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.