Employment type: Ocean - Mutual Notice
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
- Responsible for the entire Sanitation Operation within the Hotel Department on board, this includes all equipment and machinery control in all Galley outlets, Galley Consumables and all work orders in all Galleys, food outlets and Messes.
- Oversee the daily cleaning procedures and maintenance of all Galleys, Messes and food outlets and to ensure that all onboard cleaning is compliance with Company Policy and the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities ) at all times.
- Implement, regulate and monitor USPH Standards and to oversee the training of the entire Food and Beverage and Housekeeping Departments on USPH rules and regulations, and any other job related training, as required.
- Supervise and to establish regular work schedules, section plans and rotations for Galley Supervisor and Galley Utilities.
- Ensure that a six star service is provided at all times and to deal with complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
• Reimbursement of STCW after successful completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Single cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
- Formal degree in Sanitation Management from a recognized institution.
- Must be certified by the United States Public health by attending a Vessel Sanitation program conducted by Centre of Disease Control.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a luxury international hotel property in a Food and Beverage Managerial position or two (2) years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a Food and Beverage Managerial position preferred (plus appropriate on-the-job training for this position).
- Must be up to date in all matters of Environment and Safety related issues and must have a thorough knowledge of current USPH, UK Public Health, Canadian Public health and Brazilian Public health.
- Basic Knowledge of HACCP beneficial.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership and human resource Management skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.