Sr. Sous Chef Main Galley
Employment type: Ocean - Fixed Contract
Rotation: 4 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
- Full responsibility for the entire Hot Galley operation (together with the other Senior Sous Chef Hot Galley) including food preparation for the Dining Room (Waterside), Lido Café (Marketplace), Room Service and various Buffets throughout the ship as well as controlling of all costs for the Hot Galley.
- Take active part in the actual food preparation and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Manage the Hot Galley Staff and to ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Establish regular work schedules, section plans and rotations for the Hot Galley Staff in conjunction with the other Sr. Sous Chef Hot Galley, Chef de Cuisine Main Galley and the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that a six star service is provided at all times and to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner.
• Reimbursement of STCW after successful completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Medically insured while on board
• Paid uniform (including shoes)
• Single cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Preferably trained within own company or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a luxury international property hotel as Sous Chef or other related experience required.
- Or must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in a Sous Chef position in the luxury cruise ship industry.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Very strong, balanced background in International Cuisine and Cooking Techniques.
- Highly motivated with a strong drive and high level of energy and flexibility.
- Very good spoken English.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times.