Employment type; Ocean - Fixed Contract
Rotation: 5 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Medical Insurance: Medical covered only onboard
- Waiter/tress is the entry level in our Food & Beverage Department.
- The company prefers to promote crew internally for higher positions as Sr. Waiter, Head Waiter and Restaurant Manager.
- Assist the Sr. Waiter in the Dining Room, to perform Lido Café and Tastes duties at lunch and Casual Dining, providing the highest standard of service at all times.
- Keep assigned service stations well stocked, organized and clean in accordance to Company policy and USPH standards.
- Additional duties in other departments such as gangway duties, storing, luggage handling, light luggage, Ushering at Cocktail Parties, Room Service, Tea-Time duty, midnight snack service, Vintage Room and Captain's Quarters Dinners etc. as necessary.
- Provide a six star service at all times, to deal with Guests complaints and comments in an efficient and timely manner and to report any issues to his/her Supervisor.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
• Reimbursement of STCW after successfully completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Two (2) persons in one cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
- College Degree/Diploma or relevant apprenticeship in the Food Service industry required.
- Or a Minimum of three (3) years proven experience in a luxury international hotel property as a Waiter/tress or two (2) years experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a Waiter/tress position preferred.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.