Employment type: Ocean - Mutual Notice
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Seniority Merit: Starts 2nd year of employment
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
- To perform watch keeping duties as scheduled by the Captain.
- In charge of GMDSS equipment operation and required testing.
- To make entries in the AMOS-W system and ensure the history of maintenance and testing is accurately logged for items assigned to his/her responsibility.
- Maintain all Pyrotechnic equipment and to enter all maintenance records for such equipment in AMOS-W.
- To assist in conducting safety/security investigations as requested.
- Document mooring arrangements in new ports of call with pictures and diagrams.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Captain or the Vice Captain but not limited to the above.
- Reimbursement of industry required training
- Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
- Free travel to and from the ship
- Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a Certificated Watch-keeping Deck Officer preferred.
- Navigational Watch Certificate meeting current STCW standard, section A-II/2 with equivalent Bahamian endorsement preferred.
- Hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.