Assistant Chief Engineer
Employment type: Ocean - Mutual Notice
Rotation: 8 Weeks Onboard / 8 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: Voluntary Pension Plan in effect after 12 months, consisting of a 7% contribution from the employer and minimum 2% from the employee.
Medical Insurance: Sick pay and doctor/hospital expenses coverage for up to 12 months
Benefits: Family visits on board allowed after 2 months
- Protect ship’s property against loss or damage and against wasteful practices on the part of any member of the Engine Department and to ensure that members of the Engine Department know, understand and strictly comply with Waste Management Practices, USCG and USPH regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing all shipboard departments’ waste management practices and advising appropriate Department Heads when improvements are necessary within their department.
- Responsible for overall management and offloading of garbage and hazardous waste and maintaining the Garbage Record Book and the Garbage Room Daily Log.
- Responsible for all maintenance and repairs to all mechanical/electrical equipment not assigned to other departments and utility services in non-technical areas.
- Responsible for safe handling of all fuel oil, oil products, waste oil and sludge including the bunkering and offloading operations and maintenance of delivery and offloading records and the Oil Record Book.
- Responsible for acquainting themselves with all aspects of the Chief Engineer’s functions.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above.
- Reimbursement of industry required training
- Reimbursement C1/D Visa and other required visas
- Free travel to and from the ship
- Yearly bonus, pending vessel and company results.
Seniority Merit: Personalized Structure
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience as a Second Engineer and 2 (two) year as First Engineer.
- Must hold a valid Chief Engineer’s license and Bahamian License.
- Must hold all valid STCW and SOLAS training certificates.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and AMOS-W).
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English (needs to score at least 90% in the onboard English proficiency test).
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.