Rotation: 4 Months Onboard / 2 Months Vacation
Medical covered only onboard
- Prepare all items required for the daily Menus and special events as instructed by the Sous Chef Pastry and the Executive Pastry Chef and to ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- Ensure that Galley equipment is maintained properly, that the highest standards of cleanliness are kept and that safe food handling is practiced at all times.
- Provide a six star service at all times.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
• Reimbursement of STCW after successfully completed
• Reimbursement of C1/D Visa
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Free travel to/from the ship
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Two (2) persons in one cabin
• WIFI- per 30 minutes free access per day
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Culinary Institute Diploma/Education or apprenticeship as a Confectioner or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a luxury food operation as Confectioner or two (2) years experience onboard a luxury cruise ship in a similar position preferred.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.