Assistant Beverage Manager
The Assists the Beverage Manager is responsible for the operation and supervision of all public bars, lounges, crew bar and beverage service in the restaurants and decks.
- Responsible for assisting in ensuring that the beverage sales forecasted for bars, lounges and restaurants on the ship are met and exceeded; Including Buffet, Atrium Café, Main Dining Room and all Mess areas.
- Strives to meet the target cost of sales for the operation as determined by the company budgets.
- Ensures that all company beverage service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff.
- Monitors and adjusts the schedules for the staff, in close coordination with the Beverage Manager, in order to meet demand and guest service expectations while strictly complying with the contractual obligations contained in the different collective bargain agreements.
- Ensures that the staff and the operation follow and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
- Participates in planning and managing the continuous training of all the staff involved in beverage sales using only company approved training materials.
- Issues and follows up on maintenance requests and ensures that all equipment and furniture is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
- Assists in managing and achieving the budgets that are determined for the beverage organization when it comes to all departmental expenses, salaries and manning.
- Needs to help coordinate and direct a management team comprised of Head Bartenders, Head Wine Stewards and a Head Deck Steward.
- Must be able to manage a brigade comprised of 20 to 180 service personnel.
- Needs to be able to help to achieve revenues as budgeted on a yearly basis in excess of $3.000.000.00 up to $10.000.000.00, depending on the guest capacity of the ship.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum requirement of two years’ experience as a Bar Manager for a 250+ room multi-outlet food and beverage operation; OR Assistant Bar Manager for a 400+ room multi-outlet food and beverage operation; OR previous shipboard experience in the same position.
- Minimum of one year managerial experience in handling multiple bars and lounges with different themes and menus is required.
- Proven ability to manage and direct a large multinational and/or multicultural bar brigade is required
- Minimum of one year experience with a responsibility of meeting and exceeding revenue targets, industry service standards and guest satisfaction results is required.
- Extensive knowledge of beverage and wine products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills using the following programs are required: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Hospitality School degree, Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in a hospitality-related field is preferred.
- Courses in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized educational institution are required.
- Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letters of participation in professional beverage courses and seminars is required.