POSITION SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Cook Sushi ensures a successful link between the Chef Tournant and the area of responsibility. His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. He/she is directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation. The Cook is accountable for ensuring all company policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently.
- Provide leadership to area of responsibility
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Continually trains, coaches, and recognizes team members to improve food quality and meet budget expectations while motivating team members
- Arrives on-time in clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for production area
- Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures while training team members to do the same
- Assists Chef Tournant in documenting and maintaining a waste log to improve forecasting and production models
- Assists Chef Tournant in adjusting daily requisitions to reflect trends and forecasts
- Strong knowledge of all basic Asian cooking techniques is required.
- Ability to captivate guests by cooking on stage is required.
- Ability to verbally explain processes of history, preparation, and cooking techniques to guests while cooking is required.
- Minimum of two years of culinary experience with Asian influences is required. Formal culinary training may substitute for this requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Highschool Diploma or Foreign Equivalent is required
- Associates degree, Technical degree or foreign equivalent from a Culinary School is preferred.
- Flexibility to work any shift in any area of responsibility without notice
- Ability to provide leadership, motivation and training
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.