POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the carpentry repairs and all woodwork outside of the cabins under the supervision of the Staff Captain
- Participate in the daily activities of the deck operation and be available if any emergency, which requires their participation, occurs.
- Keep the Staff Captain updated on which projects/jobs are being carried out around the ship.
- Full responsibility for the carpenter shop, the equipment and the inventory of equipment and consumables.
- Assist the Staff Captain in keeping the AMOS system updated and maintained for the carpenters inventory and maintenance.
- Responsible for the Potable water filling equipment, and that this equipment is being properly stored and used in accordance to USPH Requirement.
- Familiarize with the USPH rules pertaining to potable water filling and storing. Clean Carpenter’s workshop air ducts and filters after cleaning
- Train Joiner on the job
- Attend mooring stations as instructed by the Staff Captain.
- Hold a Basic Safety Course Certificate and all appropriate certificates as required by regulations.
- Experience on passengers’ vessels as Deck Hand or equivalent position.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
- Knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
- Skills including but not limited to seamanship, team building, communication, conflict resolution and customer service
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance