POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Treats crew members as the internal customer
- Ultimately Responsible for all operations within the Crew Office.
- Supervise, train and guide Second Purser Crew and Crew Administrator.
- Audit Crew Administrator and Second Purser Crew floats.
- Responsible for ships clearance for all crew related matters.
- Arrange visas with port agents for crew sign offs.
- Attend ship's clearance taking care of all crew related issues with agents and authorities.
- Arrange transportation and hotel for sign off crew members with port agent.
- Crew departure tasks with exception of sending / distribution of crew manifests & movement.
- Sign on crew members.
- Ensure all Sign on procedures are completed correctly after sign on.
- Ensure all Sign off procedures are completed correctly after sign off.
- Schedule and lead the sign off briefing.
- Escort crew through the terminal in US ports.
- Assist crew with payroll queries during crew office hours.
- Process all FOB requests, ensuring correct criteria etc.
- Authorize passports to crew with Department head's authority.
- Vacation schedule – send out, collate comments, requests etc. and communicate with shore side HR.
- Crew Cabin Assignments.
- OCI Uniform requisitions for replacement uniforms and ensure all parameters are met etc.
- Ultimately responsible for the Entire Payroll process.
- Activate crew payroll contracts in MXP.
- Review expense Reports prepared by Second Purser Crew prior to requesting Chief Purser signature.
- Verify US taxes have been deducted for all US residents on payroll by comparing to MXP tax report for those with SS #s.
- Double check Crew sign off dates to payroll ending dates and ensure the sign off pay calculation is correct.
- All bank wires – set up, approval and balancing mid and eom reports in MXP.
- All Administration in Travel Ex website for mid month wires.
- Run & Balance all Mid and EOM reports.
- Check the balance of Payroll Journal Entry to Additions & Deductions Sheet.
- Double check the 12 months contract paid onboard in the current month.
- Balance cash advance to actual cash after sign offs, Mid and EOM cash advances.
- Prepare EOM payroll package and obtain Chief Purser signature.
- Ensure all payroll packages are retained / destroyed in accordance with the retention policy
- Facilitates the training of new Crew Pursers;
- Train and support Second Purser Crew and Crew Administrator
- Will participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship's command;
- Comply with company safety and pollution prevention regulations;
- Microsoft Office Suite, Fidelio Cruise, Micros Fidelio Point of Sale and MXP
- Understanding of the highest level of service;
- Excellent administrative skills;
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week