POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Courtyard Valet is responsible for offering the full array of services and amenities to guests booked in The Haven & Suites. The Valet is responsible for set-up and break-down of furniture in the deck area, as well as, all other equipment associated with special events. This position will be the primary point-of-contact for guests in order to inform them of events and activities, as well as, to reserve space for guests who are interested in attending. The incumbent will ensure that the guest areas remain clean and organized at all times, and that guests’ needs are fulfilled immediately.
• Cleans, maintains and organizes the Courtyard, pool area, open decks, bathrooms, gym and spa/steam room(s) to ensure cleanliness and that the towels are replenished. On vessels with Spa facilities such as treatment rooms, monitors for cleanliness and correct set-up.
• Sets up and breaks down deck furniture: pool chairs, tables, loungers, umbrellas, beds, cushions etc. and maintains the highest standards of cleanliness, neatness and maintenance of all these items. On open decks if poor weather dictates, properly secures the deck furniture as per company standards. The decks must be dried to ensure a safe environment for the guests.
• Assists Butler team during embarkation day suite set-up and deliveries.
• Reports maintenance issues immediately to the Concierge for issuance of work orders and follow-up.
• In hot climates the Valet will offer to spritz the guests at the pool with fresh water and offer cold face cloths at regular intervals during the day, weather permitting. (suggest 11:00 am, each half hour thereafter until 3:30pm)
• Reports to the Concierge on status of the retractable roof, if applicable, and if it needs to be adjusted due to changing weather conditions.
• Maintains and cleans the silk plants, putting them back into a presentable display if the have been bent or windblown.
• Researches and communicates all of the ship’s daily activities and facilities’ information to guests, which also includes but is not limited to Spa, Gift Shops, Internet Café, Photo, Art, Bingo etc. If guests express an interest, the Butler notifies the Concierge for further follow up or to make appointments.
• Records twice daily in the temperature log for the dishwashing machines and refrigerators.
• Cleans and sanitizes refrigerators, bread warmers, ovens, toasters, juice and coffee machines, etc. regularly to assist the Butler team.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Must be a passionate Customer Service individual, detail-oriented and well organized
• Two years’ experience in maintenance of labeling food and time management.
• One year experience in a Hotel or related establishment; or one year experience in hotel related positions on board ships required.
• One year experience in handling guest requests and concerns, with an understanding of how to expedite VIP guest wishes.
• One year of training or experience in food & beverage and/or housekeeping.
• Fluency (read, write, speak) in Mandarin.
• Basic knowledge of Fidelio and Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Minimum high school diploma and or equivalent degree is required.