4 months on/ 2 months off
Fancy doing what you love in amazing locations around the world? This is the perfect opportunity for you!
My client is a world leading cruise ship operator, visiting luxurious, beautiful locations all around the world. Due to an increase in their voyages, they are looking for qualified, experienced doctors to jump on board!
The Doctor shall assist the Staff Captain and Senior Doctor in all shipboard health-related matters including outbreak prevention, and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies. Working on a rotation, you will be placed on different cruise ships in different locations so perfect for someone who is looking for some variation in their role!
- To be present during all clinic hours when on duty or as required by the demands of the clinic
- Responds to all codes on board the ship even when off duty
- Oversee inventory of medical supplies and monitors hospital budget
- Participates in monthly safety meetings, assists in making recommendations which improve overall safety of the ship
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized Medical training program is required.
- One year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Medical Degree from a recognized College or University is required.
- Active, current medical license in good standing in Country or State/Province of origin is required.
- Completion of a recognized Medical specialty training program is required, in at least one of the following: Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, or General Surgery.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Paediatric Advanced Life Support and Adult Trauma Life Support certifications that are valid for the entire length of the contract on board the ship. It is the responsibility of the Doctor to ensure that these credentials are valid for the entire time he or she will be working on board the ship.