The Housekeeping Manager has the overall accountability and responsibility for the housekeeping and laundry department, ensuring high levels of presentation, cleanliness, maintenance and passenger services in all passenger, crew and public areas. You will need to provide an efficient, smooth and financially sound operation, enhancing the passenger and crew experience.
Joining the company as our Housekeeping Manager, your duties will include...
- Effectively manage your own department, ensuring management of your assistant management & supervisors inspires and motivates them to provide the highest service.
- Managing all areas within the housekeeping department including floristry, kennels, laundry and butler service.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all corporate public health, hygiene and safety guidelines. Overseeing cleaning routines, ensuring the necessary rotas and work schedules are in place to meet the required level of service.
- Monitoring and managing department costs and resources effectively and increase laundry services and revenue generating opportunities where possible.
- Ensuring cleaning standards are met through effective monitoring of areas of responsibility. Identify any fixtures or fittings furnishing in need of renewal / repair, coordinate cabin repairs with the onboard Technical department keeping the Customer Service Manager informed of progress. Ensure all passenger and crew areas are maintained in a sanitised and clean state at all times and undertake regular inspections.
- Liaising effectively with our shore side office regarding housekeeping supplies and equipment and ensure any new policies and initiatives are understood and disseminated to the team.
- Attending corporate sponsored social events as and when required.
- Identifying team training and development needs and support delivery of the training
- Undertaking training sessions with members of the team to increase knowledge and skill and aid succession planning
- Completing appraisals & identifying development opportunities within your department.
- Running team meetings effectively, including agendas, timing and ensuring views are heard
- Overseeing the effective and efficient movement of passenger baggage both on and off the ship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
To apply and be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Experience of managing a large team within a Housekeeping environment (preferably multiple teams) and of managing managers
- Experience of working with budgets and departmental financial information within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Laundry services essential
- Train the Trainer qualification or equivalent desirable
- Experience in a 4*/5* hotel or cruise ship environment desirable
- Good command of written and spoken English