Recruiters: Login Create an account Job seekers: Login Create an account
Bar Staff - Bar Waiter and Bar Tender
We are currently recruiting for Bar Waiters, Bartenders and Team Leaders within the Bars department. You will be responsible for a dedicated area of the bar department, providing a highly visible presence in the bar during service periods, ensuring a smooth and efficient operation and maximising revenue.
Our onboard outlets are some of the most luxurious at sea and you will be expected to keep the outlet neat and tidy at all times. You will be required to use and maintain all bar equipment correctly, reporting any repairs required promptly.
- Actively promoting bar campaigns by engaging with the guests.
- Maximising bar revenue; working to and exceeding targets.
- Assisting with controlling bar budget and ensuring that all products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost effective manner.
- Correctly entering guest bills into the relevant system, in a timely manner.
- Clear down routines after service, ensuring the appearance and condition of all items including glasses & bottles meet the required standards
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for the world’s most luxurious Cruise brand. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
- WSET Level 1 in Wines and Spirits / recognised bar qualification or equivalent preferred or relevant industry experience
- Experience of working within a 4 / 5 star high volume bar establishments with international clientele
- Previous experience of serving customers within a bar environment desirable
- Experience promoting drinks & working to revenue targets
- Good command of written and spoken English