Massage Therapists from South America and Caribbean
The Massage Therapist reports to the ship's Assistant Spa Manager and to the Salon Manager. He/ she offers professional massage and body treatments (Relaxation, Sport and Deep Tissue massages) to passengers. Responsible for maintaining schedules as well as for the maintenance of the massage equipment and room facilities.
- The Massage Therapist would effectively inform and educate guests about specific wellness issues and would handle passengers’ questions or concerns in a professional and courteous manner
- Must possess a complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered and actively promote the beauty salon/ spa treatments, services and products thus increasing revenue as well as his/ her personal earnings
- In cases of passenger complaints the duty of the Massage Therapist is to try to resolve the situation in a polite and professional manner and to make sure that guests are satisfied with the service
- Must be well groomed, keep presentable personal appearance and follow company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene
- Participates in courses, meetings and training programs organized by the Beauty Salon/ Spa or the cruise line in order to develop the necessary skills needed for promotion to superior level position
Candidates for massage therapist position must hold a license in massage therapy or a diploma in Swedish massage with Anatomy and Physiology (minimum 150 hours). Any additional courses, e.g. aromatherapy, reflexology, Indian head massage, Reiki, remedial massage is beneficial.
- 21 years of age or older
- Written and spoken English language expertise. You will be evaluated accordingly during the recruiting process
- Experience in customer service, hospitality industry and/or tourism
- A positive attitude, good work ethics