We are currently recruiting for the exciting position of Laundry Manager. If successful, you will be responsible for the cost effective and efficient daily operation of the laundry facilities, ensuring a high quality laundry service is provided, following housekeeping policies and procedures.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Effectively manage your team. Completing appraisals, identifying development opportunities and providing support, guidance, motivation and direct the team as required.
- Plan, organise, direct and control the activities of the laundry section.
- Ensure passenger, crew and ship laundry is properly cleaned and made available in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all linen, laundry and equipment are handled carefully and as directed.
- Ensure linen is managed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Oversee and undertake where required, the basic repair of machinery and ensure regular maintenance is carried out by both the technical department and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure issues are reported promptly and follow up if needed.
- Ensure the proper disposal of all dry cleaning waste, sludge and lint.
- Identify improvements, continually striving to improve the service and increase the department scores.
- Effectively resolve issues or complaints in relation to the department.
- Attend department briefings and meetings to maintain own knowledge and awareness of company policies and initiatives and brief own team accordingly.
- Ensure the necessary rotas and work schedules are in place to meet the required level of service.
- Monitor and manage resources effectively, ensuring laundry products and equipment are available when needed.
- Complete regular audit checks and inspections within the department, ensure all areas and laundry equipment are maintained and in a sanitised and clean state at all times, implementing effective cleaning schedules.
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as and when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career with a company who puts its people and customers at the centre of everything we do. The contract lengths are either 4 or 6 months onboard with 2 months leave, and life onboard involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your 10 hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. In return you will receive a competitive rate of pay, clothing and travel allowance, your own cabin, and the enviable opportunity to travel the world and to contribute to the ongoing success of the company.
To apply and be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Experience working within a commercial laundry / professional cleaning department
- Knowledge of different types of materials and how to clean them
- Knowledge of different types of chemical and detergents used in the cleaning process
- Good command of written and spoken English