You will be responsible for managing a team of up to 25 housekeeping staff. You will need to effectively manage your team in accordance with all company public health, hygiene and safety guidelines, providing motivation and direction to your team as required. You will be responsible for managing the housekeeping and presentation of passenger, officer and crew public areas, ensuring high levels of cleanliness at all times.
You will identify improvements, continually striving to improve the service and increase customer service questionnaire scores. Other duties include...
- Carrying out cabin checks, ensuring the cleaning standards are at the highest level.
- Resolving issues or complaints in relation public and crew areas.
- Ensuring the necessary rotas and work schedules are in place to meet the required level of service.
- Monitor and managing resources effectively, ensuring cleaning products and equipment are available when needed.
- Completing regular audit checks within the department and identify any fixtures or fittings in need of repair.
- Undertaking regular inspections, you will identify areas of training and development of your team
- Supervising the loading and offloading of passenger baggage
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading Cruise brands. Life on board involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for the time that you are on board. Your ten hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities.
To be considered a suitable applicant for this role you will:
- Have significant experience in a housekeeping supervisory/management role in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line
- Work well under pressure, continually strive to improve passenger satisfaction scores and effectively resolve issues or complaints
- Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling and public health standards.
- Good command of written and spoken English