In this role you will be supporting onboard departments by effectively and efficiently co-ordinating and planning onboard events including weddings, renewal of vows, scattering of ashes, group and adhoc events, ensuring complete customer satisfaction. As well as leading the team to provide exceptional customer service to passengers. Effectively manage passenger enquiries, issues or complaints ensuring a successful resolution is achieved.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensure the smooth flow of passengers to the reception desk on a daily basis. Provide a visible presence to passengers and oversee the effective resolution of issues and complaints, ensuring all passenger concerns are dealt with in a professional and customer focused manner.
- Ensure the Reception area is well presented and that all forms and information leaflets held are up to date and relevant to the current passengers and/or cruise.
- Complete appraisals identifying development opportunities and provide guidance, motivation and direction as required.
- Ensure front of house team is fully versed in the handling and logging of emergency calls.
- Collect and process completed Customer Service Questionnaires (CSQ’s) at the end of each voyage and generate associated reports for distribution to the relevant parties.
- Liaise with shore side and onboard departments to book cocktail parties, presentations and meetings for onboard groups, including loyalty events.
- Plan and organise table plans as required. Prepare and send out invitations, book rooms and arrange refreshments / catering as required.
- Act as the main point of contact for internal customers, group leaders and gift orders; resolve any issues that may arise with functions or gifts and assist with group disembarkation arrangements.
- Administer all gift orders and ensure punctual delivery, charging and reconciliation of relevant departmental recharge accounts (DRA).
- Coordinate and manage both the onboard Weddings@sea and renewal of vows programmes, liaising with the relevant departments and shore side prior to each cruise to ensure they run in a smooth and professional manner.
- Promote and administer all aspects of the programmes, including promoting extra services and ensuring all necessary legal paperwork, onboard billing and communications are processed correctly.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous event planning experience is highly desirable
- Proficient in the use of MS and PMS office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Recognised hotel qualification i.e. HND in Hotel or Hospitality Management is desirable
- Previous experience of managing a team in a customer facing role preferably within a hotel, hospitality or cruise ship environment
- Excellent administration skills