Onboard HR Manager
Reporting to: Captain & Senior Fleet HR Manager
Join us as an Onboard HR Manager and you’ll go far too, as you lead an efficient, high quality and customer-focused HR service. Here, you’ll provide an effective HR Business Partnering service onboard which is pragmatic, commercial, solution focused and provides a professional HR Service to the ship.
This role will share clear accountability as part of the senior management team in delivery of balanced scorecard and other business priorities. You will work collaboratively with the onboard teams and other HR colleagues, across the fleet, in supporting and driving Company and HR strategy, cultural change and associated leadership development.
As the Onboard HR Manager you will have extensive ER experience supporting the onboard management team with any queries and/or cases onboard. You will take the lead for ensuring the appropriate development and coaching of Senior Officers onboard with regards to people management and employment legislation. In addition you will have previous Recruitment and Retention experience, working collaboratively with the onboard management teams and Fleet Resourcing team to support and oversee the promotions process, interviews, selection and succession planning through individual development plans. In conjunction with the Ships Company onboard you will be responsible for employee engagement whilst feeding back any issues to the senior management team and working together to implement any required changes.
You will manage a small HR team which has overall responsibility for all ships company administration and you will manage the Onboard Trainer to provide suitable and relevant training for the onboard ship team. As the HR Manager you will chair the welfare committee and play an active role in developing the Safety culture onboard.
In return is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career with a company who puts its people and customers at the centre of everything we do. Tax free salary, your own cabin, 6% pension contribution, clothing and travel allowance, accompanied travel options (friends / family), excellent bonus structure, the opportunity to travel, and the opportunity to play an integral part in the Senior Management Team and be a part of our future at our company.
- CIPD qualified, preferably to graduate level
- HR Management and/or HR Business Partner experience is essential
- Strong operational and generalist background
- Previous experience of delivering leadership and management training
- Performance management experience
- Significant employee relations experience
- Self managed and motivated with a strong drive to take accountability for own work
- Recognised by others as having excellent interpersonal skills; motivating, mediating, coaching and training others towards excellent standards of management practice and customer service
- Highly resilient and calm under pressure, maintaining focus and energy levels even under sustained pressure or when having to implement unpopular change, deal with disputes, or give difficult messages
- Models high standards of discretion and interpersonal and professional behaviours at all times
- Socially confident and adept at interacting, and building effective relationships with, a wide range of passengers and colleagues, in formal and informal social situations
- Actively promotes the safety of all passengers and crew and encourages and directs others to engage in positive safety behaviours
- Decisive and flexible, able to quickly assess the appropriate approach to an emerging issue or take
preventative action to prevent HR issues escalating
- An enthusiastic advocate and promoter of excellence in HR strategy and practice, investing in their own and
others’ knowledge and continuing professional development, and acting as a Subject Matter Expert
- A clear, articulate and honest communicator, giving unambiguous verbal instructions and reports, and
producing easily understood written documents
- A strategic thinker that can identify requirements and opportunities for changes to HR procedures that ensure
the highest levels of welfare and performance of all crew, whilst remaining commercially viable
- Effective at analysing multiple sources of information in order to come to sound judgements
- Highly organised and conscientious in approach to work, following Carnival policies and procedures
- Highly culturally sensitive and can work well with people from all backgrounds and ethnicities, and encourages
others to do the same
- Sensitive to the priorities and difficulties faced by other departments, working with them to ensure that HR
practices and initiatives are pragmatic and reap benefits for operations
- Is loyal to the company brand and communicates a genuine commitment
to achieving the company vision.