Customer Services Manager
Join us as a Customer Service Manager and you’ll discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It’s a way of life. Ensuring the smooth running of the hotel operation and guest experience, you will visit different places, explore new worlds and gain experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
In this role you will organise and oversee the effective delivery of customer service through the front of house reception, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided. You will strive to meet and exceed our guest expectations and will be responsible for appropriately handling any passenger issues, ensuring an effective and positive resolution is achieved.
In this role you will also manage and provide customer service to your internal team, including the operation of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company. Your internal customer includes Officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers. Knowledge of immigration and travel documentation is required, as you will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of the number of crew sailing on board.
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Engage customers in appropriate conversation to understand their needs in depth, show high levels of respect for their individual needs and ensure their interests are catered for
- Regularly find opportunities to enhance the customer experience and increase satisfaction
- Ensure all Crew have followed the correct signed on / off procedures as required.
- Provide the necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists.
- Ensure all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork necessary for them to work onboard. Liaise with Port Agents for HR logistics and Crew flights, including Guest Entertainers where applicable, arranging cost effective transfers.
- Manage the crew payroll and currency exchange and ensure the safe storage of all crew passports.
- Respond immediately, positively and calmly to changing customer requirements and needs, and ensure that team members also respond appropriately
- Plan the activities and services the team provides in response to an in-depth analysis of the crew / passenger profile for each cruise
- As part of the on board HR department provide support to the HR Manager as and when required.
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career with a company who puts its people and customers at the centre of everything we do. The contract lengths are either 4 or 6 months onboard with 2 months leave, and life onboard involves working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your 10 hours will be split between morning, afternoon and evening activities. In return you will receive a competitive rate of pay, clothing and travel allowance, your own cabin, and the enviable opportunity to travel the world and to contribute to the ongoing success of the cruise company.
Life at sea is particularly unique. You would need the natural ability and experience to consider the passenger profile and be adept to handle sensitive issues, such as bereavements, with care and understanding. In addition, we hold some exciting and extremely sentimental events onboard such as weddings, so you would need to be experienced in organising and effectively delivering functions. Strong planning and administrative skills are also necessary, especially for data sensitive matter such as immigration.
To apply and be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have the following experience:
Previous experience of managing a team in a customer facing role preferably within a hotel, hospitality or cruise ship environment
Recognised hotel qualification i.e. HND in Hotel or Hospitality Management is desirable
Experience of working in a busy 4 / 5 star hotel or resort complex
Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software and a PMS