- Responsible for all massage appointments.
- If there are no appointments after finishing the regular side duties (see below), the Chief Housekeeper can assign other housekeeping duties, depending on the vessel.
- Cleaning Captainâ€™s, Hotel Managerâ€™s and Cruise Directorâ€™s cabin daily, the cabins of Executive Chef, 2nd Captain and Engineer twice a week.
- The massage appointments have priority to the other housekeeping duties.
- On vessels with no Hairdresser in charge, the Masseur/Masseuse has to take over hairdresserâ€™s duties as per Hotel managerâ€™s instructions; in this case he/she will not be assigned any Housekeeping duties.
- To guarantee smooth service operations in strict adherence to all relevant hygiene (HACCP), safety and environmental regulations in his/her assigned area
- Responsible for the careful handling of all equipment and maÂchinery in the assigned work area
- Responsible for the cleaning of the beauty salon
- Other side duties: After Welcome and Farewell cocktail, he/she has to help at the bar; cleaning and polishing the glasses.
- Always available as contact for passengers regarding complaints and suggestions.
- Keep a log/report of all Hairdresserâ€™s and Masseurâ€™s appointments.
Area of responsibility
- The masseur is a competent specialist in his/her assigned working area.
Deputy in case of absence
- Another Hairdresser, Masseur or Cabin Stewardess
- Minimum age 21 years
- Flexible, trustworthy, efficient, reliable, able to work under pressure
- Cost and quality awareness
- Team player
- Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
- Integrity, good manners, well-groomed appearance
Qualification / Experience
- Qualified training as a physiotherapist, several years of relevant work experience
- Experience in managing complaints, living up to service
- Good educational background
- Fluent in spoken English and/or German, depending on the vessel