Massage Therapists from UK and Ireland
The Massage Therapist reports to the ship's Assistant Spa Manager and to the Salon Manager. He/ she offers professional massage and body treatments (Relaxation, Sport and Deep Tissue massages) to passengers. Responsible for maintaining schedules as well as for the maintenance of the massage equipment and room facilities.
- The Massage Therapist would effectively inform and educate guests about specific wellness issues and would handle passengers’ questions or concerns in a professional and courteous manner
- Must possess a complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered and actively promote the beauty salon/ spa treatments, services and products thus increasing revenue as well as his/ her personal earnings
- In cases of passenger complaints the duty of the Massage Therapist is to try to resolve the situation in a polite and professional manner and to make sure that guests are satisfied with the service
- Must be well groomed, keep presentable personal appearance and follow company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene
- Participates in courses, meetings and training programs organized by the Beauty Salon/ Spa or the cruise line in order to develop the necessary skills needed for promotion to superior level position
Candidates must be qualified in Swedish/Sports massage with NVQ, ITEC, VTCT, (minimum 150 hours). Any additional courses, e.g. aromatherapy, reflexology, Indian head massage, Reiki, remedial massage would be considered as a plus. Massage with Facial. Electrics, Level 2 NVQ and Level 3 NVQ (Massage)
Candidates from all countries must be qualified in Swedish Massage. Any additional qualifications like Aromatherapy, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Reiki Healing or Sports Therapy is a definite plus.