The Restaurant Manager is to guarantee the most efficient restaurant operation possible. Offer guests maximum service and products by thorough planning and coordinating with related departments. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed. This position is also responsible for beverage service in the restaurants and making sure that the waiter’s staff is up selling cocktail, wine and water in order to consistently exceed guest expectations and achieve the revenue target established by the company.
• Organizes schedules for staff. Trains and supervises the entire restaurant staff.
• Operate and manages the restaurant in such an efficient manner that proper service and maintenance of the restaurant is constant.
• Provides and maintains accurate and acceptable system for assigning guest tables in Restaurants.
• Establishes and plans training needs with the corporate trainer.
• Supervises all delegated duties in order to maintain the consistent standards of the Restaurant.
• Maintains all necessary records pertaining to personnel, service and controls.
• Inputs to forecasting and budgeting requirements for the restaurants.
• Inputs to help develop new menus. Also, maintains current menus.
• Coordinates all restaurant needs with other related departments and department heads.
• Supervises all crew within the restaurants, crew mess and Room Service.
• Meet & Greet Guest upon embarkation.
• Escort guest to the stateroom.
• Assist with guest personal belongings or luggage.
• Deliver various amenities to stateroom.
• Assist with private parties and functions.
• Assist with any guest requests within the role of the job and possibility of meeting the need.
• Unpack boxes/stocking area.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Candidates must be Mandarin Speakers
• Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Office suite, Property Management Systems, and POS Systems) are required.
• Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
• Minimum three year experience in managing a food and beverage service operation is required (Four star and above: Hotel Resort, Restaurant); or two years of experience in managing a food and beverage service operation on a cruise ship is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalency in Hotel Management or a related field is required.
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
Attention to Detail,Body Language:Eye Contact,Smile,Coaching,Cooperation/Teamwork,Energy & Enthusiasm,Flexibility,Following Directions,Grooming/Presentation Skills,Initiative & Creativity,Interpersonal Skills,Job/Technical Knowledge,Judgement,Leading Others,Problem Resolution,Relevant Job Experience,Reliability,Results Focus,Supervisory Skills,Verbal & Written Communication Skills,