Under the supervision of Cruise Director, the Program Publisher edits and translates the ship’s Daily Program and Daily Specials.
• Edits the Daily Program and the Daily Specials in all common languages on board according to the company’s standard production procedure;
• Prepares the context of Daily Program and Daily Specials according to company standard and asks for further approvals;
• Translates approved Daily Program and Daily Specials into the most common languages on board;
• Finalises and verifies all information is accurate on the Daily Programs and Daily Specials;
• Sends out final version for printing and coordinates with bellboys to deliver the programs to all guests’ cabins and other distribution points;
• Delivers the latest version of the Daily Program and Daily Specials to related departments;
• Maintains exclusive access to the Program Publisher’s computer with password protection and prevents illegals software installed or used in the computer;
• Provides trainings to new Program Publisher if required.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• High School graduated;
• Fluent in written and spoken Italian and English plus one of the following languages such as German, Portuguese, Spanish or French;
• Qualified and proven language translation skills between Italian and English plus at least one major European language (German, Portuguese, Spanish or French);
• Able to work with Publisher, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and graphic software including Abode CS (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign);
• Adequate working knowledge of Mac / Windows System on desktop / laptop;
• Ability to use integration programs which link text programs with graphic programs;
• Ability to operate a multi-production printing machine (Isograph type) either in stand-alone or direct interface configuration (between computer and printer);
• Self Confidence, adaptability and flexibility;
• To be a team player and problem solving oriented.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.