The HR Officer is the representative of the Human Resources Function on every ship, reporting to the Ship’s Master and operating in strict link with the shore-based HR departments. The job holder is a strategic partner to the shipboard management by providing human resource direction and guidance on all employee related issues.
• Coordinates and supervises the Crew Welfare Program;
• Coaches the management and supervises the individual performance management program;
• Manages the Crew complaints originating from the ship;
• In cooperation with the Staff Captain, is responsible for investigations involving the Crew and takes part in the disciplinary actions;
• Oversees the Training and Development programs;
• Represents a liaison between the Corporate Internal Communication and the ship;
• Ensures the follow up for the Letter of Engagement;
• Oversees MLC 2006 working and resting hours control;
• Oversees employee relations/promotions, employee turnover and retention, time and attendance, HR management and administration.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, knowledge of Italian and any European language is an advantage and knowledge of mandarin is a major advantage;
• Minimum 2 year experience in HR and training activities;
• Experience in people management;
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book