In line with the Cruise Director’s programme and direction, the Entertainer plans and organises daily entertainment activities in order to create a pleasant environment on board, making our guests’ holidays a memorable experience.
• Welcomes guests and assists them at all times during the cruise;
• Promotes entertainment activities;
• Organises and presents a varied daytime and evening international entertainment programme (sport, fitness, games, quizzes, shows, galas, etc.);
• Stages and performs entertainment shows/acts;
• Actively interacts and socialises with all guests;
• Handles complaints and queries;
• Looks after entertainment tools and equipment;
• Ensures that the content and entertainment activities are professional and non-offensive to the audience.
(skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent English, oral and written and at least in 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
• High School graduation certificate
• Professional certificates are an advantage;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a professional entertainer (Hotels, Camping, Cruiselines, etc.);
• Computer literacy;
• Enthusiastic and creative;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to organise and run complex and varied activities with little supervision;
• At ease with public speaking;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.