- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of any electrical systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Responsible for reporting any concerns with the electrical systems to the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Must know the location of all the major distribution panes, in order to be able to shut down power in the event of any failures, fire or maintenance work.
- The Assistant Electrician must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
- Ensure that Class Rules and industry standards are strictly adhered to in any modifications to electrical systems.
- Must be familiar with the Safety Management System including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Must have good knowledge of the electrical equipment in the hotel and galley areas.
- Must have initiative, be proficient in electrical trouble shooting, solve electrical problems and work independently.