POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Under the direction of the Youth Program Manager, the Nursery Coordinator (NC) oversees the 3 year old and under program and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing all Guppies programs for children aged 6 months to 3 years old.
- The NC is the primary contact for the Guppies and Nursery facility, and direct support for Nursery Attendants (NA) for scheduling, program review and evaluations.
- The NC will be regarded as a member of the Youth Staff and required to participate Splash Academy or Entourage as directed by the Youth Program Manager.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS / ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of two years experience in programming and implementing children ages 6 months – 3 years different learning styles, knowledge of ages & stages and knowledge of current trends in early childhood development is required.
- Minimum one year experience in kindergarten care is required.
- Minimum one year experience in programming and implementing theatrical/drama, sensory and movement activities is required.
- One year experience with special needs programming strongly preferred.
- Nursery land based training is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Unique hobbies are preferred such as Juggling, Theater, Gymnastics, Sports, Dance, or Singing.
- Bachelors Degree or foreign equivalent in a course of study related or relevant to childcare is preferred.
- Current and active CPR/First Aid Certifications from a recognized educational institution are required.